Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Collating cards ... and the occasional gift

In the old days, SOM cards did not come perforated. They were "cut cards" and were assembled by the game company after collating them from stacks of players. Occasionally, you would get a "double" when two cards of the same player were "stuck together". Quite often you see ebay auctions that will list 21 players for some teams that should of course have 20 players. More often than not it is a double.

I have purchased some complete older seasons recently and have had many dupes in the sets. I think around 7 or 8 total. And even better I think 2 of these are rare XP doubles. Always considered "a gift".

Back in 1971, I encouraged my friend to get Strat-O-Matic and he ordered the 1970 season. He got a double of Willie Mays! Can't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment