Sunday, January 17, 2016

2 steps forward, 3 steps back and OCD

So about 18 months or so ago, I decided my Strat baseball collection was too big, took up too much room, and there was so much I could never ever play all of the sets.

I decided to dump a  large part of  it, all of the recreated sets (nearly 40), and all the regular issue seasons from 1990-2013. I even then went and also sold 1980-1989.

Good moves, although I have since reobtained about 10 of the classic recreated seasons (and 1955) and a few of the 80s sets (will get all 10 eventually).

I got interested in Replay baseball for reasons I have enumerated before, but suddenly had about 19 sets and they were just taking up the space that used to house the Strat sets I sold, and I never ever looked at them or played them.

I wanted to get an original APBA 1964 set as that was my first exposure to TT baseball and suddenly I have about 20 sets of APBA too as these sets were more readily available and comparatively much less expensive..

The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) had struck again.

Coming to my senses. Replay is a wonderful game engine,, but I have returned to Strat and just don't have time (or room) for more than one game engine.

I have decided (oh well) to move my Replay collection and most likely my APBA collection.

Hopefully, it will be 3 steps forward and not any steps backward this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment