Friday, November 13, 2015

Back in the swing of things ... and a triple play

Been too long.

Grabbed my 1900-1910 oldtimer teams ... I need to play 6 games (2 series) to have all 6 teams have 9 games played. 3 of my other 4 oldtimer leagues have all 6 teams with 9 games played and my 1920-30B league also needs just 6 games to make all 6 teams have 9 games played.

So the 1905 New York Giants (6-0) visit the 1909 Detroit Tigers (2-4) for a three game series.

Game 1 sees Ed Summers hurls a shutout and Sam Crawford have a big triple in a 2 run 4th to propel the Tigers to a 3-0 win, giving the  Giants their first loss.

In the Giants 6th, a single and an error get 2 runners on with no outs, then the rare roll for Roger Bresnahan - lineout into as many outs as possible - produce the ultra rare triple play. It has been a long LONG time since this has happened in a game for me.

Too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment