Friday, November 6, 2015

Baseball Cards

I think I started "collecting" (buying would me a more appropriate word) baseball cards at age 6 in 1964. My older brother had a collection going back 4-5 years earlier.

In 1965, I had a bigger collection, I particularly liked the leader cards, the World Series cards, and of course star players cards and Giants.

In 1967, I collected all cards numbered 1-533, not until much later did I earn there was another set with higher numbers. One of my favorite cards was #1 - The Champs with Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson and Hank Bauer.  Again more leaders cards and world series cards.

In 1968, I tapered off a little and then only about 100 cards in 1969, including the Johnny Bench card.

I inherited my brothers collection many decades ago. I think there are 2 1960 Mickey Mantle cards.

Around 1984 (I think) my dad bought me the big Topps Baseball card book which had pics of every card up to that point.

One of these things I liked about the cards were some of the trivia on the back side. And like most people I loved the bumble gum. 

I will later post some pics of my favorite cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment